Monday, January 08, 2007

Big Screens or Higher Resolution?


Here is an argument I personally think deserves some attention.

People in the UK seem to be obsessed by screen size (40" TVs etc), but after spending money on a 32" LCD TV a couple of years back I quickly came to realise something - you can only appreciate the size of a screen when you have a resolution to match and make use of every single pixel on that screen.

Hence I believe it is worth spending the extra 100-200 quid to get a screen for my PC that has a resolution that would spank 22"-24" LCD TVs.

It is like playing your Super Nintendo or Playstation 1 on a 40" LCD and thinking "the graphics never used to look THIS bad?". No point in just simply "blowing up" an image on a larger screen is there?

I am going to put my money where my mouth is and am investing in a quality LCD to go with my recently upgraded PC.

I will have a unboxing and review shortly

No comments: